Englefield Green Cricket Club – pavilion development plan
Cricket has been played on Englefield Green for over 200 years. For many years players changed in the Barley Mow pub and then in a shed. In 1956 the current pavilion was built to face the square where cricket was played.
Following the building of the children’s playground and a safety assessment the square was moved meaning that the game could no longer be viewed from inside the pavilion.
Englefield Green cricket club is now developing plans to:
completely refurbish the building;
improve access inside and out;
upgrade the heating, lighting and ventilation;
reconfigure internally so that cricket can be viewed;
create a building that can be used all year round by the village.